Sunday, September 30, 2012

Dying to Meet You by Kate Klise

The first book in the 43 Old Cemetery Road series, Dying to Meet You follows in Kate Klise's style of writing stories through a sequence of letters, memos, e-mails, newspaper articles and advertisements. 

A well-known children's author, Ignatius B. Grumply is looking for a quiet place where he can work through his writers block, on the next book in his ghost series.  He rents a house in Ghastly, Illinois for the summer and arrives to find that the house comes with a ghost and a young boy, the son of the home's owners who are off traveling around Europe.  There is very little face-to-face interaction between the characters, but as readers we can follow the story through their notes, memos and letters. 

Click here to rate the book after you read it.


2 comments:

  1. My sister read it and me half of it. It is a GREAT book and I will proabably vote for it. The author knew what she was doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book so much I read all of them in the series they are all so wonderful!!!!!
    One of my teachers read it and now wants to read the rest of the series. I only read two of the lovelace nominees but I already think I am going to vote for this one!!!

    ReplyDelete